Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Eve

Normally, I don't really like fall or Halloween. Well, actually, it's not that I don't like them. I just prefer other holdiays and seasons more. This last month I have really noticed the beautiful leaves on the trees and really began to appreciate fall.


For weeks now, Taylor has wanted to be a green fairy for Halloween. So, I've been putting together the best green fairy costume I can think of! I finished the skirt this morning and of course she had to try it on with her jammies!! So cute!!


She really wanted to wear it to daycare, but I wanted to save it for tomorrow. So, I had a set of orange wings I was going to wear tomorrow. Being a good Mommy, I gave them to her to wear and then made her a fabulous wand to take with her! I didn't get a pic of the orange wings. Maybe next time!


At work we had a costume contest and we decided on a baseball theme. We had jerseys made that turned out super cute. (Gabe, Sarah, Traci, Maggie, Val and me. The rest of our team wasn't there yet)

Then we decorated the lobby. We made a crowd of people, baseball diamond, retired jerseys, and even named our stadium. It was a lot of fun, even if we didn't win the contest. I really enjoy my job especially on occassions like this.

The retired jerseys. We spray painted the sleeves and stunk up the whole building!! They were really cute though~


Here's our crowd of people. We all took turns drawing people. It took us two whole days, but it's really cute. We kept it, just in case we need another crowd for something. It's with our tornado from last year. Don't think we will need it, but it's hard to trash it when you work so hard on it! Jackie helped me get some tarps and paint a baseball diamond on it. We taped it down in the lobby. It was funny. Lots of members were afraid to walk on it. Guess they thought we were remodeling.

Then tonight we went to Pirates in the Canyon. It's a balloon festival. Tonight was the glow. It was SO awesome. We got to get really close to the balloons. It was really neat, freezing cold, but so awesome to watch. Taylor loved it so we are going to get up early and see them all take off at sunrise. It's been a great holiday so far and I can't wait for tomorrow to get here!

Here's a close up of the Mayflower balloon. It's amazing how huge these are! It was really neat to see them up close.

We were right by the balloon when they lit the flame to make it glow. The fire was awesome. Taylor wasn't even scared. She wanted to see it again and and again.



We are really looking forward to the take off in the morning and costume time! I will post pics soon! Hope everyone enjoys fall and the extra hour of sleep this weekend!

No comments: