Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Sunday

Easter is becoming one of my favorite holidays. I have always enjoyed it, but as an adult it holds SO much sentimental value that it never had as a kid.
We got our three kids three days before Easter two years ago. Their move into our family is such a physical representation of the significance of Easter I am reduced to tears when I think about it. God sees us in the midst of all the terrible mess we are in and reaches down and lovingly rescues us. He not only removes the yuck, but restores us to a place of belonging and importance.
I love so many things about Easter, the new clothes, the full church buildings, the wonderful meal with family, the fun traditions, the exhaustion after the day is done, and most of all the quiet reflections on the sacrifice and victory over sin through Jesus. It is such a joy to share these thins with my family. I pray they will always see the significance of the holiday and the joy we have in celebrating it!!





No comments: