Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Gotcha day 2013

Two years ago life changed dramatically for my family. We were called (thrown into with full force) to this adoption journey. Amazing how much life can change in such a short amount of time.
I can say I am not the same person I was two years ago. My faith is not the same either. We have been through some really tough stuff. We have been in impossible situations. Situations were if God didn't show up and do something big we were going to fall on our faces. He showed up!
The amount of healing we have seen in our kids is miraculous to say the least! Their physical bodies healed, their academic performances increased, but most of all their hearts are healing. They are able to sort out what happened to them and see how God delivered them. We were told that they would never recover. The damage done at such a young age wouldn't be able to be made up. I'm here to tell you friends that's not true! God performed a miracle before our very eyes!!
I'm sure there is a technical term to describe the progress, but I know it is only by the power of God!
So tonight we had a major celebration dinner! Jackie grilled steaks and we had a candlelit dinner to stop and reflect on how far our family has come. We marveled at the amazing power of God at work in our lives. It was such a sweet time. It's one thing to hear me tell you about God moving in my kids' lives, but it's a whole different thing to hear if from their own mouths. We laughed, cried, prayed, and had a marvelous time!!
We are so incredibly blessed by all our kids and we are so humbled that we get to walk alongside them as their parents! Can't wait to celebrate this special day each year!!

No comments: