Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Happy birthday Taylor

On the day before Taylor's birthday we had a serious heart to heart talk. She was sitting on the kitchen counter watching me cook like she has done ever since she was able to sit up there. We were talking about her birthday and I was seriously trying to talk her into skipping her birthday and just staying 5 for a while longer. She wrapped her arms around my neck, looked deep into my eyes and said, "Mommy, birthdays come and birthdays go. It will be ok."
I laughed so hard tears were in my eyes. How can this tiny girl be growing up so fast? She has had a bit of a transition time lately and it has been tough. She has been dealing with some real hurts and asking deep questions about them. I'm so proud of her ability to think things through.
She is so smart and well beyond her years. She loves to read and reads so well. She loves dance and art. She is friendly and fiercely protective of her family. She has given and shared so much of her life. More than most people do in a life time. I know God will use her to do amazing things, like he already has.
She loves to sing and makes up great praise songs. She plays with her dolls and is always willing to try anything the boys can do. She swims like a fish, can ride her bike completely without training wheels, and loves to roller skate.
Tying her shoes and brushing her hair are major frustrations for her still. :) It also takes forever to get a picture because she won't look into the camera. I am so proud she's so independent and strong. But I melt when she still needs my help every now and then. :)
She still loves mommy and thinks her daddy hung the moon. I am so beyond grateful for their relationship. Jackie takes her on dates, dances in the living room, and always lets her sneak in for one more goodnight hug and kiss. She loves to hear stories about when she was a baby and a little girl. We tell them over and over and she never gets tired of them.
If I would have realized how fast time flies I would have held her just a little longer when she was a baby. But, I adore this stage she's in. I always think each year is better than the last. I can't wait to see all the fun year 6 has is store for us!!











No comments: