Monday, March 4, 2013

Visiting Memaw

This year my grandmother, Memaw, turned an amazing 80 years old. For the last 6 years she has had Alzheimer's. It had been so hard to see her be trapped by her own mind. I miss watching get sew, the taste of her perfect salmon patties, and so many other little things. We are lucky that we are so close and get to visit often. The kids like going to see her and each time we visit they do a better job of visiting with the other residents.
Occasionally when we visit she will recognize us and for a few minutes its like she's back. She will make jokes, give you a tight squeeze, and she will remember that Taylor is named after her. Those days are precious and treasured!
I love to be able to share memories of my grandparents with my kids. I know how blessed I was to be able to have both sets of my grandparents so involved in my life. And I'm so thankful for those sweet memories. I pray that along with her name, Taylor inherits her strength, love, giving heart, and endurance. We love you Memaw!





No comments: