Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Swim time

Our kids love the pool! Taylor has always been part-fish. :) we went swimming four times this weekend and then again today. Swimming is a great way to help with trust and bonding, as well as strengthening the physical muscles.
When we first got Cameron, Michael, and Madyson they were so deathly afraid of the water. We spent so much time in the pool overcoming those fears. It's one of the coolest things to see them swim now. They do tricks off the diving board and can really move through the water. It's an amazing testimony to God's faithfulness and healing!!
So we have been working on those same things with miss V. The water has been so scary to her. However, this weekend she actually put her face all the way under the water on purpose!! Tonight, she used a pool noodle and kicked her legs and actually stayed afloat even after I let go!! Wow!!!
We have been reciting Isaiah 41:10 while we are swimming. "So do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
This weekend as we were swimming I wondered how many times I fight the urge to trust God. He's right there ready to catch me. Even though it seems scary and overwhelming, I can trust that He is right there ready to catch me before I sink. Is as I talked her through our pool time tonight, I felt the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart that same verse of calm reassurance.

1 comment:

The Skipper Family in Azle said...

You are a great mom Heather! Can't wait to see you this week!