Friday, February 4, 2011

HCG Diet- day 5

   Well, hopefully, you are about to start seeing less and less of us.  Jackie and I have started the HCG diet and are on day 3 of the calorie restriction phase.  Since the beginning of December I've lost 19 pounds and Jackie has lost 10.  Three of those pounds came from our first two days on the diet.  Last night we measured our bodies.  So, in one week we can see how many inches we have lost. 
   So is this diet hard?  Well yes!  It's terrible because I'm obviously no good at self control and denying my flesh.  So this has been a struggle and will be an interesting journey.  I've prayed so much the last two days.  Yesterday I was so hungry, I was trying so hard to be good so I didn't indulge in the homemade waffles for breakfast that I made for the kids.  Instead on the way to work I pulled into taco bueno and got one taco and one small bean burrito.  I did skip the coke, even though I was CRAVING one!  So, then last night when I got home I was frustrated because I didn't lose any weight that day.  So I looked up the nutrition facts for that burrito and taco.  800 calories!!  What?!?!?!?!?!  That's insane!  Should have had the waffles! I was trying hard to make a good choice.  I've got to stop eating out.  I need some sort of glasses that will block all the restaurants from my view as I drive down the road. 
   For supper last night I made very lean steak and 3 kinds of bell peppers in lettuce wraps.  It was so yummy!  No butter, oil, or extra fat!  Just put the peppers and the meat in a skillet with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.  Then we divided it into 4 portions, so we have lunch for today too!  Supper was around 400 calories.  I did have a slice of bread and a candy cane as a snack after I discovered the lunch I had was 800 calories, kinda fell off the deep end. 
   But, today is a new day.  I'm once again stepping out in faith and going to try again.  I really want to be under 200 pounds by spring break.  I haven't been under 200 pounds since I was in high school!!  My best friend Tobi is getting married in July and I really would like to be at about 180 or so by then!  That's two rounds of drops.  But right now I'm just focusing on one day, TODAY!  And crying out to God for the strength and courage to make it through today.  One day, one choice at a time!

Here's my before pic: (After pic to come in about 37 more days!)

No comments: