Friday, February 4, 2011

January 2011

   I'm going to try and put up a post atleast once a month about what we've been doing.  So, January 2011 was a pretty good month for us.  We had some major milestones occur.  Jackie and I began our 3rd year of marriage.  I'm so blessed by this man.  He's encouraging, strong, faithful, loving, caring, and every other nice word you could possibly think up!  He's started working on our new porch.  I have three holes in the backyard and some posts have been purchased.  So, it's progress. 
   School is back in full swing for us.  I'm taking two in class classes and two online classes.  Jackie is taking one night class and then in March he starts a second one.  Pray for him, his math class is college algebra and he's struggling.  I know he can do it.  He's so much smarter than he thinks he is.  He works hard at it dilligently (I always have such a hard time spelling this word!).
   Taylor turned 4 on the 27th!  Where has the time gone?  This pic is from her birthday!  She's a very funny girl.  She's smart and happy most of the time.  She is pretty stong willed.  I love that about her, but it also makes for lots of disclipline time.  She's been doing really good at school lately.  She had a bad day on Wednesday, but she's been working hard to be better.  I've been able to go up some days and volunteer at the school.  It's been so much fun!  I got to read with kids and work on spelling and phonics and just enjoy being around them.  I love it!  I wish I had more time to be up there.  I want to be able to do my student teaching and observation hours there, but I don't think it's going to work out that way.  I'm still praying for it because I know the Lord does answer prayers everyday all around me.  On her birthday we had cupcakes, juice, a story, and games for all the kids in her class.  They are a funny bunch of kids.  Taylor has a lot of really good friends, which I'm SO thankful for!!


Here are some party pics!

The birthday girl!

Taylor, Malachi, and Xavier

We had a princess cupcake cake, ice cream, grapes, pineapple, apples, oranges, and goldfish.

Taylor got great presents!  She's been playing with everything.  She especially loves the Barbies!!

The weather was perfect!  We blew up a jumper in the park across the street.  The kids loved it! 

Jackie and Tammy (another mom) got in the jumper with the kids.  They both ended up falling down on one side, then all the kids fell down too.  Everyone was in one corner and the jumper began to fall over.  Not scary, just hilarious!  I should have had the video camera on.  Everyone was laughing so hard!  That night Taylor had her first sleepover.  Zoe came and stayed the night.  We all had a blast.  They played Barbie, dress up, watched a movie, made pizzas, and then they ended up sleeping in bed with me while Jackie slept in Taylor's bed.  What a great Daddy!!

  Speaking of Taylor's bed, here's a picture of her great new bed!  Jackie built it.  He did a great job and she LOVES it!  She wants to show everyone.  I can't believe how much fun she is. 
Taylor,
Daddy and I love you so much and are so blessed to have you in our lives.  I can't wait to see the woman you become one day, but for now I'm LOVING spending time with you and watching you grow.  We will always love you more than I can ever find words to express!  Most of all we know and are striving to teach you, that if you listen to the Lord He will do amazing things with you! 
Mommy

No comments: